From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j implementation question
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 18:12:48 GMT
On Thu, 31 May 2007 11:23:34 -0400
  "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.propes@citi.com> wrote:
> ok, see my post below

Well, maybe.  How would I know?  You haven't shown it to me.  In any case,
again, this is an issue of education.  One thing that can help you with config
files are the available wizards at WizardForge...

1.2.xx XML config file format
http://wizardforge.org/pc?action=showVersion&id=65

Properties config file format
http://wizardforge.org/pc?action=showVersion&id=62

> >You really need to read the basic docs on the Log4j web site or just
> >use a search engine.  There's tons of information out there on how to
>>get started with Log4j.  This list is for specific questions, not a
>>tutorial guide.  Once you get more up to speed, don't hesitate to ask
>>if you have specific questions.
>

>>Jake
>
> Ok, I'll see if I can find some valid tutorial, because the one I read in
>that link I included in this post was woefully outdated and inadequate, and
>further, emailing that guy who authored equally proved fruitless, as it
>bounced back and he no longer monitors it.

Have you looked at the Log4j web site itself or the Log4j Wiki?  There are
lots of resources besided the link you posted...

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html
http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/Log4JProjectPages

Jake