From "Wim Deblauwe" <wim.debla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viewing plain text log4j log files (was: Vigilog listing as "Third-party extension"?)
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:10:21 GMT
2007/4/10, Wyss Patrick <Patrick.Wyss@mobilesolutions.ch>:

> hi wim,
>
> i did not find any way to change the pattern, neither in the webstart nor
> in the download version (with vigilog-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar renamed to replace
> vigilog-1.2.1.jar). but then i'm not sure if i realy have 1.3 working...
> - how can i set the pattern?

Vigilog will ask you the pattern if you open a non-XML file. Vigilog will
normally automatically detect  that  it is a non-XML log file. If this still
does not work, send me you log file.

- is there a way to see which version i am using?

No, not currently, but if you use the webstart version it is for sure
1.3-SNAPSHOT.

best regards
> patrick
>
> ps: how is the executable searching the jars? i can delete
> vigilog-1.2.1.jar but the executable is still starting up ?!?!?

Hmm... very strange. I'm  using launch4j to create the executable  through
a  Maven plugin, I don't know much about it.

regards,

Wim