From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SyslogAppender with tcp
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:45:19 GMT

On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Pramodh Peddi wrote:

> Curt,
> Thanks for the response. Do you thinking the solution is difficult
> because I am not using XML configuration? Or irrespective of my using
> XML configuration or programmatic configuration, the solution is
> difficult?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Pramodh.

The problem is not related to the configuration method.

org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender is pure java code that only
implements syslog using UDP.  If you use a JNI based SyslogAppender
like that in the referenced bug report, you would get all the
features of your platform's implementation of syslog, but at the cost
of using native code.