From "Jeff Drew" <jeffrd...@gmail.com>
Subject Does log4j block if disk is full?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:05:14 GMT
I'm using a RollingFileAppender on Solaris with Hotspot 1.5.  The disk
partition recently filled and my application hung.  The threads were alive,
but not processing input. Since log4j is the only function that writes to
the local disk, I'd like to know more about how it deals with this problem.

If a Logger tries to write, say with log.info("message") but the disk is
full, does the method just return immediately? If the method does not return
immediately, then can that be configured?

Thanks