From "Desjardins, Daren" <daren.desjard...@vontu.com>
Subject log4j and console progress bars
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:50:41 GMT
I have been trying to find how to configure log4j such that a console
app can print out a progress bar as a long running task progresses.
Ideally it would be something of the form "Progress: 12%" and percentage
would increment on the same line, not printing a new line for every
increment.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find out how to make it so I can
write directly to the console (system.in or system.err is fine) without
performing a newline to get it to flush.

Has anyone else tried to perform something similar?

My current example is of the form:

For(..)

{

            Percentage++;

            System.err.print("Progress:" + percentage + "\b\b");

            System.err.flush();

}