From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject RE: Enable/Disable Appender
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:17:01 GMT
I found out I could put the Treshold as "OFF" for disabling the
appender,
but the output file is created and empty. Also is there any difference
between a treshold "ALL" and "DEBUG" ?
__________________________________

   Matt

________________________________

From: DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU [mailto:MATHIEU.DECAFFMAYER@fortis.lu]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 10:03 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Enable/Disable Appender

***** This message comes from the Internet Network *****

Hi,

In my web applciation I need to be able to enable/disable a certain
appender,
but also the Treshold for every appender.

For the treshold I had the idea to put its value as a system property,
and change this system property via my web applciation and reload the
config.

But I don't know how I can enable/disable a specific appender.

Any help is welcome ! Thank u.

   Matt

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque
Luxembourg S.A. does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing in the message is capable
or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either party
and it is not intended to provide legal advice.