From julie gautier <juliegaut...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Problem with MaxBackupIndex
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:37:15 GMT
Hi,
  Here is my log4j.properties file content :

  log4j.rootLogger=OFF,
log4j.logger.com.foo=DEBUG, stdout, R

  log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss} (%F:%L) - %m%n

  log4j.appender.R.File=C:\\myfile.log
  log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=1000KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss} (%F:%L) - %m%n

  The problem is only one file is kept in backup instead of 5 as expected (myfile.log, myfile.log.1,
myfile.log.2, ...).
  Once the myfile.log reached 1000KB, it clears itself and restart to 0 KB.
  Why ? It used to work but I can't see what the problem is now. I passed from Tomcat 5.0
to Tomcat 5.5, could it be related ?
  Thanks for helping !

 Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez
des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses.