From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Root logger appenders in log4j 1.3
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:48:57 GMT

Hello Jake et al,

The complete log4j manual is correct as far as log4j 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 are
concerned. However, in log4j 1.3 the behavior was changed because:

1) it is not what a user would expect without reading the docs (surprise
element)
2) very few people seemed to take advantage of the "pre 1.3" behaviour**

** The "pre 1.3" behavior was intended to support partial config files

The different behaviors should be transparent to the user as long as she
does not do partial configs.

I hope this helps,

--
Ceki Gülcü