From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven build
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:04:10 GMT

On Feb 13, 2007, at 5:11 AM, patrick wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i wanted to build log4j 1.2.14 and because i'm too lazy ;-) to edit
> the
> build.properties i tried to run the maven build.
> but "mvn install" produces an empty jar file and i could not find any
> documentation on what i would have to do to get maven to produce a
> meaningfull jar file.
>
> i have the slight impression that maven is not supported for
> building log4j
> but i found nothing that says so.
>
> any help apreciate
> best regards
> patrick
> --

The pom.xml in the log4j 1.2 branch is used to describe the project
in the Maven repository, but is not used to build the project.

It would be good to revisit the pom.xml in both log4j 1.2 and log4j
1.3.  There are a couple of open bugs on the log4j 1.3 pom.  At
least, should put comments in the pom.xml indicate that they aren't
for building if that is the case.

Since the poms were written it has been reported that more of the
dependencies have been added to Maven repo, so we may be approaching
the point where maven could collect all the necessary dependencies.