From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confirm successful reading of a conf file, check if loggers and appenders were instatntiated
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:06:27 GMT
Could the configure method be changed to return a boolean indicating
sucess?  If someone detected that configuration failed, would log4j be
in an undefined state so that configuring with another file might not
produce the desired results?

One way to detect config problems would be to run with -Dlog4j.debug
and capture and parse System.out info produced by log4j.