From Surya Poola <suryapo...@yahoo.com>
Subject cannot write to a file with rollingfileappender in log4j1.3
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:18:45 GMT
Hi,
    Iam new to log4j usage.My requirement is to wriite a log file and roll over monthly, but
I want the file name that iam logging to be identified with date like xyz_01-2007.csv before
rollover.

  Iam using log4j1.3 alpha-8 with rollingfileappender but file is not created and iam not
able to debug or see any errors in my program.So can anyone help me in writing to a log file
with rollingfileappender, or tell me what iam doing incorrectly.

  my config file looks like:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">
  <appender name="ROLL" class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
  <rollingPolicy class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
  <param name="FileNamePattern" value="/pkg/tomcat/suryapoola.%d{yyyy-MM}.log"/>
  </rollingPolicy>
  <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n"/>
  </layout>
  </appender>
  <root>
  <appender-ref ref="ROLL"/>
  </root>
  </log4j:configuration>

  and

  iam calling in my program like:

  logger=Logger.getLogger (classname.class.getName());
JoranConfigurator jc = new JoranConfigurator();

jc.doConfigure(mLOG4JCONFIGFILE, LogManager.getLoggerRepository());
logger.info("first error");

  Thanks in advance

  Regards
  Rohan

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done
faster.