From "Melvin Mah" <cw...@paradigm.com.my>
Subject Log file will not append
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:45:07 GMT
I have a program in which it uses the log4j to produce its logs. Recently,
as of last month, it worked fine. But when I tried testing a program, the
log, which I specified its destination path to be shown did not append. The
settings are as follows:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, UNCATEGORIZED

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED.MaxFileSize=100MB

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED.MaxBackupIndex=4

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED.File=C:/elmu-esam.log

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.UNCATEGORIZED.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-5p [%t] %c{1}:
%m%n

This was unchanged  - I still retain the settings. But when checking back
the log file, I only find that the last update to the file was on 13th
December.

The file is still read-write enable (the read-only option is turned off). I
also experimented on specifying a different location but the new file did
not appear at all.

Pls help!