From "Prasanth Ramachandran" <to.prasan...@gmail.com>
Subject recovery of JDBCAppender
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:02:01 GMT
Hi All,

    I am using org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender in my app. The app runs on
JBoss and I have directly given the DB credentials
in log4j.xml. Once in a while, the DB crashes or the network goes down and
the JDBCAppender fails, which is expected. But when
the connection is restored, the appender doesn't recover! Have any of you
faced this problem before? Are there any configuration-based
workarounds? Or is the only way to overwrite getConnection() and
closeConnection() of JDBCAppender?

-Thanks in advance
Prasanth