From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Mapping log4j logfile to chainsaw
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:02:18 GMT
Assuming this log file was created using fileappender with an XMLLayout, you can process the
file in Chainsaw via the 'file-open log4j file' menu item (or drag & drop the file to
the 'drag & drop xml files here' tab).

There is a new receiver that can process XML files, but there hasn't been a log4j build since
it was contributed, so it's not available yet.  This means you can't start Chainsaw and have
an XML log file automatically processed - you have to open the xml log file yourself.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news on behalf of baanji
Sent: Wed 12/20/2006 11:11 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject:  Mapping log4j logfile to chainsaw

Hi,
I am currently sending the error messages to a xml file using log4j
architecure(in cfmx environment). I would like to use the chainsaw to look into
this xml log file automatically. can some one let me know what should i do from
my side to make chainsaw look into this log file?

Thanks in advance
Ashok K