From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging to multiple appenders with different levels
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 05:04:33 GMT
Yes it does work in 1.2.x and start logging in the javadocs for
org.apache.log4j.spi.Filter

On 11/28/06, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks; where can I find some documentation about filters, and examples?
> Do they work with 1.2.14?

at the log4j 1.2.14 source/javadoc and the Category class has addAppender(Appender) and setLevel(Level)
- it looks like it doesn't support multiple levels. But to me it seems like a natural requirement.
> > As I already mentioned, I'm using a log4j.properties file. Here's an example:
> >
> > log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, main
> >
> > log4j.category.java.sql=WARN, main
> > log4j.category.java.sql=DEBUG, db
> >
> > log4j.appender.main=...
> > log4j.appender.debug=...
> >
> > (btw, should I use "logger" rather than "category"?)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adrian

from the application at debug level, except java.sql stuff which should only log at warn level.
In the db appender, I want to log only java.sql messages at debug level (so warn or higher
levels will go to both appenders). How can I define that in my log4j.properties?

--
James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/