From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging to multiple appenders with different levels
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:15:37 GMT
Take a look at using filters (must use XML config).  I think that will work.

On 11/28/06, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I want two levels for the same category. I don't know if it's possible, I looked
at the log4j 1.2.14 source/javadoc and the Category class has addAppender(Appender) and setLevel(Level)
- it looks like it doesn't support multiple levels. But to me it seems like a natural requirement.
> As I already mentioned, I'm using a log4j.properties file. Here's an example:
>
> log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, main
>
> log4j.category.java.sql=WARN, main
> log4j.category.java.sql=DEBUG, db
>
> log4j.appender.main=...
> log4j.appender.debug=...
>
> (btw, should I use "logger" rather than "category"?)
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

the application at debug level, except java.sql stuff which should only log at warn level.
In the db appender, I want to log only java.sql messages at debug level (so warn or higher
levels will go to both appenders). How can I define that in my log4j.properties?

--
James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/