From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NTEventLogAppender with missing description source for Windows Server 2003
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:09:49 GMT
Sorry, I'm on the road at the moment and don't have access to my
Windows development resources.  As far as I can tell from your
description the appender is working as expected.  It does log the
message to the EventLog, it just has never implemented the code to
register a corresponding message description.  regsvr32 does not find
the entry point since there is no RegisterDll entry point since the
DLL does not register any resources (likely it should).  If it
appears to be missing header files, it is likely files that are
produced by javah that generate the header required to implement the
java native methods.