From Shuh Chang <shuh.ch...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: NTEventLogAppender with missing description source for Windows Server 2003
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:57:38 GMT
I need to make a correction: I just found out that the
NTEventLogAppender.dll *does* create the default "Log4j" entry (or any other
source specified in the log4j.properties) in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\So
urces registry.  That's my mistake. Sorry about that.

Nonetheless, the NTEventLogAppender.dll still couldn't be properly
loaded/registered in the registry by the regsvr32 command, which causes the
extra annoying messages in the event viewer.

Regards,
Shuh