From maskkkk <leean...@hotmail.com>
Subject log4j conversion specifiers and logger names
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:23:27 GMT

Lets say I'm in an application and I want to specify a in a class logger such
as follows:

> Logger log = Logger.getLogger("UseCase1");

Now lets suppose I want "UseCase1" to be displayed in the resulting log file
next to the log statements from the "UseCase1" logger.  Is there any way to
do this using a conversion specifier in log4j.xml?

>     		 &lt;layout class=&quot;org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout&quot;&gt;
> 		 	&lt;param name=&quot;ConversionPattern&quot;
>
> value=&quot;[[[[%someConversionSpecifierWhichResultsInUseCaseAsLoggerName]]]]
> - %m%n&quot;/&gt;
> 	   &lt;/layout&gt;

Thank you,

     Andrew J. Leer