From "Reddy, Sanket \(US - Hyderabad\)" <sanre...@deloitte.com>
Subject RollingFileAppender is deleting backup files
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:27:29 GMT
Hi Guys

I am working on RollingFileAppender, with the following property file

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout, logfile
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - <%m>%n
#log4j.appender.logfile=com.deloitte.common.logging.internal.DeloitteFil
eAppender
log4j.appender.logfile = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile.File=C:/LoggingPOC/logs4/FileAppender.log
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxFileSize=10KB
# Keep three backup files.
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxBackupIndex=5
# Pattern to output: date priority [category] - message
log4j.appender.logfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

I am deploying a war file in weblogic 8.1 and the logging is done
properly, all the log files are created and updated according to the
RollingFileAppender requirements.

Now I am redeploying the same war file once again through the weblogic
console, but now the log files are deleted one at a time and finally
only one log file  (FileAppender.log)is left and same is being updated,
no backups are created. I tried N number of times and this is deletion
is repeating.

I am using 1.2.8 version and I can't change the version as vignette uses
that.

Regards
Sanket