From "Maarten Bosteels" <mbosteels....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamically adding to a log file name?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:37:01 GMT
Why don't you just save the request and the response to a file ?
You do not need log4j for that, right ?

      DateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-S");
      String filename = "/tmp/" + df.format(new Date()) + "-request.xml";
      FileWriter writer = new FileWriter(filename);
      writer.write(request);
      writer.close();

If you need to specify the charset use

    OutputStreamWriter writer = new OutputStreamWriter(new
FileOutputStream(filename), "UTF-8");

Maarten