From Nicolas DE LOOF <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: Access Log4J with JMX ?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:21:20 GMT

I'm using it via Spring jmx this way :

    <bean id="mbeanExporter"
        class="org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter">
        <property name="beans">
            <map>
                <entry key="log4j:hiearchy=default">
                    <bean
class="org.apache.log4j.jmx.HierarchyDynamicMBean"/>
                </entry>
            </map>
        </property>
        <property name="server" ref="mbeanServer"/>
    </bean>

This gives me acces to the log4j MBeans to get existing loggers and
change levels. Please note I can ONLY get MBeans for existing loggers,
so I have to define categories in log4j.xml for every logger in my app
that I'd like to configure at runtime.

Maybe next log4j versions will allow a finer JMX management.

Nico.