From Scott Nesbitt <scottnesb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Shorter thread info, performance question
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:56:13 GMT

I would like to have shorter thread information.
Right now my pattern is:

log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE}
%t %-5p %c{1} %x - %m%n

which corresponds to:

15:36:36,154 [ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' DEBUG
ReleaseUtil - This is the log msg

What I would like to have is something like this:

15:36:36,154 [Thread: 4] DEBUG ReleaseUtil (723) -
This is the log msg

So two things are different:

Would like shorter thread info.  I see the truncate
option but it seems to only want to truncate from the
left side, not the right side.  Also, that would not
really do what I want since TIDs can be 1 digit, 2
digits, etc.

I would like the line number (723) to be in the file.
I see that option but it only shows up as a question
mark.  Also, is there a performance penalty for this?

Any suggestions on this?  Surely I am not the only one
who would like more concise thread information.

Thanks for any tips or pointers,

Scott N