From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Using log4j in Tomcat
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:51:15 GMT

James is correct about the fact that Tomcat sets this system property.  However,
you should be using ${catalina.base} instead of ${catalina.home}.  You may very
well have a separate instance of Tomcat with a different base directory than
that of ${catalina.home}.  In that case that you truly are running under a host
whose home is located within ${catalina.home}, ${catalina.base} will point to
the same location.  So, always use ${catalina.base} unless you have a very good
reason not to.

Jake