From "Yaroslav Chinskiy" <Yaroslav.Chins...@us.icap.com>
Subject RE: How to parse a log4j file
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:46:15 GMT
Unfortunately, this is not an XML file and I can not change that.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Stauffer [mailto:stauffer.james@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:44 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: How to parse a log4j file

If you use the XML format then you should be able to use one of a
million XML parsers.  The only caveat is that the ending XML tag isn't
always present.

On 10/12/06, Yaroslav Chinskiy <Yaroslav.Chinskiy@us.icap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there any API to parse a log file?
>

> I don't want to use chainsaw. I have my own UI specialized for the
> business we do here. Today, I parse the file by reading byte[] and
using
> some hard coded fields.
>

> I need an API where I can reuse log4j properties that where used to
> create a file and parse it as a collection of lines. Each line will
have
> a collection of fields based on the pattern.
>

> Thanks.

> This communication and all information (including, but not limited to,
market prices/levels and data) contained therein (the "Information") is
for informational purposes only, is confidential, may be legally
privileged and is the intellectual property of ICAP plc and its
affiliates ("ICAP") or third parties. No confidentiality or privilege is
waived or lost by any mistransmission. The Information is not, and
should not be construed as, an offer, bid or solicitation in relation to
transaction. The Information is not warranted, including, but not
limited, as to completeness, timeliness or accuracy and is subject to
change without notice. ICAP assumes no liability for use or misuse of
the Information. All representations and warranties are expressly
disclaimed. The Information does not necessarily reflect the views of
ICAP. Access to the Information by anyone else other than the recipient
is unauthorized and any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited. If you
receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify
the sender.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/

This communication and all information (including, but not limited to, market prices/levels
and data) contained therein (the "Information") is for informational purposes only, is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is the intellectual property of ICAP plc and its affiliates
("ICAP") or third parties. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
The Information is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, bid or solicitation in relation
to any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The Information