From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: chainsaw events not being received
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:47:02 GMT
To be able to continually retrieve newly-inserted rows, you need a
property named 'log4j_id' in the 'properties' column.  The value after
log4j_id should be the value in the column represented by the IDField
param.

Can you run the sql query and provide a couple of rows?  I'd like to see
the string returned as the properties column.

Scott Deboy

-----Original Message-----
From: karen.e.greene@jpmchase.com [mailto:karen.e.greene@jpmchase.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:22 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: chainsaw events not being received

Hi,

I am using chainsaw with CustomSQLDBReceiver.  When I launch chainsaw,
the
receiver is started and I see events.  However, I am not receiving any
new
events.  Do you have any thoughts on why?

Below is my configuration file. (For obvious reasons, I did not include
my
real password, user name, etc).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
   <plugin name="MyCustomDBReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.db.CustomSQLDBReceiver">
      <connectionSource
class="org.apache.log4j.db.DriverManagerConnectionSource">
        <param name="driverClass"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
        <param name="password" value="blah"/>
        <param name="user" value="user"/>
        <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@blah:1521:brewu"/>
      </connectionSource>
     <param name="IDField" value="log_id"/>
     <param name="refreshMillis" value="3000"/>
     <param name="sql" value="SELECT line as LINE, log_level as
&quot;LEVEL&quot;, message as MESSAGE, src_file as &quot;FILE&quot;,
stack
as THREAD, log_time as TIMESTAMP, '' AS NDC, '' AS MDC, application AS
CLASS, '' AS METHOD,
CONCAT('{{application,'||user_id||',hostname,'||hostname||',USERID,'||US
ER_ID||',log4jid,'||log_id||'}}','')
AS PROPERTIES, '' AS EXCEPTION, 'Log::Log4perl' AS LOGGER from bu_log"/>
   </plugin>
   <root>
      <level value="DEBUG"/>
   </root>