From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: different config files for different tomcat applications
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:58:14 GMT
I don't think it will work to have log4j.jar under
webapps/app/WEB-INF/lib and expect those locations of log4j.properties
to be used.

You have 2 choices that I know will work:
1. Only have log4j.properties and log4j.jar under tomcat/shared or tomcat/common
2. Only have log4j.properties and log4j.jar under webapps/<app>/WEB-INF

For #2 you might be able to put log4j.properties and log4j.jar
someplace that tomcat can see them but not the apps (server?).

On 8/15/06, Takacs Bence <bence@watt22.hu> wrote:
> No log4j.xml, and only the two log4j.properties:
> - one in the /tomcat/shared/classes for tomcat inner logs
> - one in the /tomcat/common/classes for tomcat applications logs
>
> I make both of them after the error message...
>
> Thanks:
>         Bence
>

> Jacob Kjome wrote:
> > Is there a log4j.xml anywhere on the classpath (in the default package, that
> > is)?  Look in directories and jars.  I would suggest changing to an XML config
> > file because Log4j looks for it first.  If it doesn't find log4j.xml, then it
> > looks for log4j.properties.  I've seen this happen so often to users that it is
> > the first thing I ask them.
> >
> > Jake
> >
> > Quoting James Stauffer <stauffer.james@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Try running with -Dlog4j.debug.  That should give you more info about
> >> the problem.

then
> >> the

> >> --