From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different Log4j log file(s) based on Logging Level?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:00:22 GMT
You could easily not using sub-logger levels under your custom loggers
-- but using them gives you a little extra info (that you could easily
just not use unless you find a need).

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName());
Logger configLogger = Logger.getLogger("config");
Logger businessLogger = Logger.getLogger("business");

Either way you can easily group the messages with:
<logger name="business">
    <appender-ref ref="fileAppender" />
</logger>

If you won't want your normal logs to include business info then you
don't configure the root logger and attach your normals appender to
"com":
<logger name="com">
    <appender-ref ref="normalFileAppender" />
</logger>

--
James Stauffer