From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Expert help needed for logging in a JavaEE application with Log4j...
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 03:17:53 GMT
2. Yes (unless you are using a repository selector or they were loaded
from different classpath which each have log4j.jar)
A. Each server writes to logs on itself.
B. Send the logs to something shared (using DBAppender, SocketAppender, etc)
We have all servers write logs to themselves and some of the servers
also write error logs to a database.

On 8/8/06, Adrian Pitulac <adrian@idsys.ro> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Thanks a lot for helping me... Apache commons logging framework doesn't
> quite help me from what i see... From the link you sent me:
> "JCL does not (and will never) support changing the configuration of the
> wrapped logging system. Please use the mechanisms provided by the
> underlying logging system."
>
> What i'm mostly interested right now is the answer to the two questions
> here:
>
> 2. Are the Logger static class instances from two session beans working
> on the same hierarchy? If not, do i have to configure them separately?
> 3. How will an application server behave in a clustered environment? Are
> there any other tips we should know about?
> (a simple example here: 2 machines running jboss in clustered
> configuration... how will a mdb or stateless bean deployed on both
> machines manifest while the logging is done in log4j - and most
> important how should the configuration be done?)
>
> I might use the jboss in the final because it provides a good clustering
> implementation but the two questions here remain....
>
> If anyone can help me with some info/tips regarding those two i'm here...
>
> Thanks...
>

> Tom Sheehan wrote:
> > Hello Adrian,
> >
> > Sadly, I do not know the answers to your questions, only hints about what documentation
is where.  The relevant section in Commons logging in the manual, is probably titled: "How
Do I Change The Logging System Configuration?", in the user manual. This is at the very bottom
of the page linked below.

> > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.0.4/docs/guide.html#How%20Do%20I%20Change%20The%20Logging%20System%20Configuration

James Stauffer