From "Bruno Cosnefroy" <bruno.cosnef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help to use chainsaw VFSLogFilePatternReceiver
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:20:16 GMT
My URL  looks like
sftp://user:pass@host.domain:22/complete/path/to/file.ext
(I've tried with and without the port number and I get the same error)

I've also tried not to embed the login/password. As described in the
examples provided in the "Welcome-> View example Receiver
configuration" tab of chainsaw, I used the following syntax in my
configuration file:
 <plugin name="VFSLogFilePatternReceiverWithUserInfoPrompt"
class="org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver">
     <param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myhost.mydomain/path/server.log"/>
     <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
     <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL [CLASS] MESSAGE"/>
     <param name="name" value="sampleLogFilePatternReceiver"/>
     <param name="promptForUserInfo" value="true"/>
     <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
   </plugin>

but then I got an error "param name promptForUserInfo does not
exist"... Maybe Scott can correct me if the syntax or parameter name
is not correct?

Otherwise, maybe there is something I can add in your
GenerateKnownHostsInfo class to check that my URL is correct and that
I can reach the file?