From "Thomas Saxtoft" ...@sondagsavisen.dk>
Subject Re: Problem using SMTPAppender
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:52:00 GMT
> 1) i think you have to set TriggeringLevel.
I am using <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>. I guess that's the
same.

> 2) just in case: are you sure you have a smtp running on you
localhost?
No I don't have a SMTP server at my localhost, but I tried to monitor
port 25 on localhost and then forward any request to the company SMTP
host. But my monitor program (TCPMon) does not get any connection on
port 25.
If I don't use TCPMon and thus use the SMTP server directly there is no
difference - I never get any mail.
I am able to telnet thru TCPMon to our SMTP server.

I have also tried to debug SMTPAppender, but IDEA debugger tells me that
no executable code is found on the line where append() begins!!! And of
course I can debug any other Appender than the one I need.

Regards

Thomas