From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: XML file for a custom expression in LogPanel (Chainsaw v2)
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:51:10 GMT
Currently there's no way to have custom expression logpanel entries open
on Chainsaw start.

The only automatic tab routing mechanism available is the 'tab
identifier' setting available from the view-show application wide
preferences menu.

Some useful tab identifiers include:

LEVEL
Route all events with a specific severity to a common tab

PROP.log4j.remoteSourceInfo
Route all socketappender-generated events for each client to a new tab

The default tab identifier (PROP.application-PROP.hostname) is useful if
you're using log4j 1.3 appenders - a number of the 1.3 appenders set
these properties.

If you'd like to add this ability and contribute it back, we'd gladly
review it for inclusion!

Hope this helps

Scott