From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: chainsaw: multiple VFSLogFilePatternReceiver issue
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:33:09 GMT
Plugins have a 'name' attribute (on the plugin node) and a 'name' param.  These two values
should match, and be unique for each plugin entry in the config file.

I can't think of a reason why we need to have to specify the name twice on each plugin...I'll
add this to bugzilla.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Cosnefroy [mailto:bruno.cosnefroy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 8/24/2006 3:26 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: chainsaw: multiple VFSLogFilePatternReceiver issue

Hi,

I use multiple VFSLogFilePatternReceivers to view remote log files in chainsaw.

When I configure the receivers in the chainsaw UI by right-clicking on
Receivers -> New receiver, it works and I can see all my receivers in
the receiver panel.

However, when I use a config file (defined in the application-wide
prefs) to define the receivers, the tabs for the different receivers
are opened in the main panel but only the last defined
VFSLogFilePatternReceiver appears in the Receiver panel.

As a consequence, I can't restart the VFSLogFilePatternReceivers
(except the last-defined one).

Is it a known issue or has someone successfully defined multiple
VFSLogFilePatternReceivers via a config file?

Thanks,
Bruno