From Kamal Ahmed <KAh...@webMethods.com>
Subject minimum configuration
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:28:09 GMT
Hi,

I am using the following log4j.properties file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, testAppender
log4j.appender.testAppender=com.webmethods.sc.logging.log4j.WmDailyFileAppen
der
log4j.appender.testAppender.file=output/RFA-test1.log
log4j.appender.testAppender.Append=false
log4j.appender.testAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.testAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %.16c -
%m%n
log4j.appender.testAppender.maxFileSize=100

#  Prevent internal log4j DEBUG messages from polluting the output.
log4j.logger.org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator=INFO
log4j.logger.org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter=INFO
log4j.logger.org.apache.log4j.FileAppender=INFO

now, in my code, when I use this configuration, I get the message:

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in
com.webmethods.sc.logging.log4j.WmDailyFileAppender.
log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [null].

Now, What is the additional parameters I need to setup in order to:

1. Not get the Error, and Warning message
2. Setup the Logger/Appender correctly

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
-Kamal.