From "Mills Maurice-EMM006C" <EMM0...@motorola.com>
Subject Was ThreadFileAppender ever added to the distribution?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:52:15 GMT
After some very extensive searching, I found a ThreadFileAppender that
was written by Jim Moore (see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4j-user/200106.mbox/
%3CE70AFA7E9123D51199AE0008C78699FD092218@LMOXCH05%3E) back in June
2001.  I think this is very close to something I need to use but don't
see that it was ever added to the Log4J distributions.

Basically I am writing a multi threaded process that needs to maintain
(and eventually email) the log output for each individual thread
separately.  I can create a new Logger when each thread is instantiated,
however the actual output is generated by additional classes that are
used by every thread, so I believe I would still have the same problem.

Is there a better way to handle this?

We are using log4j-1.2.9 and J2SE 1.4.2

Thanks,
Maury