From "Madduri, Murthy" <Murthy.Madd...@fnf.com>
Subject RE: Different Log4j log file(s) based on Logging Level?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:16:16 GMT
Well, the question I have is how can we have this level config which is not in the regular
list of levels? I mean the "config" level messages here are those messages that are related
to one flow of Configuration activity. This may include classes ( hierarchies) from com.xxx.config.init,
com.xxx.util, com.xxx.services etc. My logger definition can be very much like com.xxx so
that it picks out ALL the messages from com.xxx and below. BUT, it should pick messages with
level CONFIG only.

I have verified in the current logging levels, If I define the logger with level WARN, it
is logging all the messages WARN and lower. Though, I try to log ERROR,it would not pick the
message since ERROR > WARN. This way, I can group all WARN and Lower levels to a separate
log file. Similarly, I wanted to have CONFIG, SECURITY, BUSINESSACTIVITY, PERFORMANCE custom
log levels in the same level below DEBUG.