From "Blok, Eelke" <eelke.b...@numico.com>
Subject RE: Log files unlocking
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:27:56 GMT
Can you not delete any old log files prior to configuring log4j? I.e.,
don't try deleting the current run's logs at the end of your program,
but delete the previous run's logs at the start of your program.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Kan [mailto:dmitry.kan@gmail.com]
Sent: vrijdag 18 augustus 2006 16:49
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Log files unlocking

I must remove the log file for both reasons: it is being zipped along
with the contents of it's folder and the mentioned class ( with main() )
is invoked many times per week. In practice the latter reason refers to
such a state when we could have many log files produced during prev.
class usage, since the MaxFileSize is set to 1000KB. And in this case
all the 'crap' log files of prev. session will also be zipped.

Of course, I can try to track all the logs filenames produced during
cur. session and zip them separately. But the issue is that, in worst
case, the folder will be just full of log files.

log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org

> > --
> > best wishes,
> > Dmitry Kan
> >

> --
> James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/

best wishes,
Dmitry Kan

PRIVACY: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
priviliged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer. Thank you.