From debasis <acharya_archana2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject How can i built a java application using java debug class on
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:30:54 GMT

Hi,
As java API support the MethodEntryEvent, using which I can get the
automatic logging statements when the method is entered or exited as
HelloExample.main(with argument type).
Where HelloExample is the class name.
Main is the method entered with its argument types.
In some cases I have the o/p as
-- VM Started --
====== main ======
main -- HelloExample
callerMethod -- HelloExample
====== main end ======
-- The application exited --

By using Log4J is there any possibility of getting these sort of o/p along
with the loggers supported by Log4J. i mean to say can i built an java
application which supports the MethodEntryEvent and MethodExitEvent from
java API and also uses the Log4J debugging. I took an e.g. trace example,
which (in J2SE 1.4.x or 5.x) will be found in
$JAVA_HOME/demo/jpda/examples.jar and unpacking it by
jar -xvf $JAVA_HOME/demo/jpda/examples.jar i found the
com/sun/tools/example/trace/Trace.java and passed the class constructed with
logger taken from Log4J. In this case the logging message is displayed on
the console. As per the requirement i need to transfer the whole o/p to an
output file along with Log4J logger statements. in this case i should not
give any command in the cosule except compiling and executing the programme.
the programm also should able to run without the main() as i need to
integrate Log4J with an application and the code must me application server
independent. i need the output as i got using MethodEnteryEvent (shown as
above) in case of java application built using Log4J.

Can any one help me in this regard. can any one give me some suggestion or
any programme of this sort. All suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks & Regards,