From "Tom Sheehan" <tom.shee...@arraysg.com>
Subject RE: Expert help needed for logging in a JavaEE application with Log4j...
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:29:21 GMT
Hello Adrian,

Sadly, I do not know the answers to your questions, only hints about what documentation is
where.  The relevant section in Commons logging in the manual, is probably titled: "How Do
I Change The Logging System Configuration?", in the user manual. This is at the very bottom
of the page linked below.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.0.4/docs/guide.html#How%20Do%20I%20Change%20The%20Logging%20System%20Configuration

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Pitulac [mailto:adrian@idsys.ro]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:54 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Expert help needed for logging in a JavaEE application with
Log4j...

Hello Tom,

I think it might be.... i've found a com-sun-commons-logging.jar in the
lib directory of sun app server...
I've checked the Log class and it's package is:
com.sun.org.apache.commons.logging. It looks as an implementation of
Jakarta commons logging.

i've read a little on the web-site but i'm not enlightened. Could you
fill the blank?
I understand it's a framework for bridging diferent logging
implementations. But how is this helping me to load the configuration
xml in log4j?

also i've asked some other 2 questions:

2. Are the Logger static class instances from two session beans working on the same hierarchy?
If not do we have to configure them separately?
3. How will an application server behave in a clustered environment? Are there any other tips
we should know about?

Thanks a lot....