From Raúl Santiago <mi...@virtualsw.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:22:14 GMT
Takacs Bence escribió:

I have successfully configured the ZeroConf feature of chainsaw. Follow
the instructions, add all the required and depending jars. It works with
both sides (logging app and Chainsaw) in the same computer or in
different ones.
Appender XML log4j config:

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">

    <appender name="zeroconf"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.ZeroConfSocketHubAppender">
        <param name="Name" value="MyZeroConfSockeHubAppender" />
    </appender>
    <!--ROOT Logger-->
    <root>
        <level value="INFO" />
        <appender-ref ref="zeroconf" />
    </root>

</log4j:configuration>

It MAY cause this exception just after auto-connecting:

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.log4j.spi.ComponentBase.access$701(Lorg/apache/log4j/net/SocketHubAppender;)Lorg/apache/log4j/ULogger;

   at
org.apache.log4j.net.SocketHubAppender$ServerMonitor.run(SocketHubAppender.java:392)

   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

If this happens to you, change the log4j jar version. Use version 1.2.8.
If Paul Smith is reading around, he may have updated information about
this bug.

--

Raúl Santiago Gómez
Virtual Software S.L.

"El programador crea aplicaciones a prueba de tontos; Dios crea tontos a prueba de programadores"