From "C. Benson Manica" <at...@sdf.lonestar.org>
Subject Re: Fixing pluginDirectory
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:00:25 GMT
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 07:52:23AM +1000, Paul Smith wrote:

> security manager.    Since there is a slim possibility of 'rogue'
> code causing you problems if it was loaded we felt obligated to
> inform you of the potential problem.    The warning is probably
> written more on the scary side than necessary, but I felt that it
> would be better to err on the side of caution.  If you can suggest
> some better phrasing, we'll happily consider changing it.

I don't really have a problem with erring on the side of caution,
although the message might note that checking the box is necessary for
using third-party plugins.

> You have some valid points about clarity of information (and
> quantity), which we will take on board.  I didn't think the error
> mentioned about the .plugin directory not being found would be
> 'fatal' to you, Chainsaw should just keep on trucking (with the
> caveat that some of the Receiver types wouldn't be available).

It seems that I was suffering from temporary delusions, as I have
ferified that you're right.  I suppose the plugin error message seemed
likely to be part of the problem when I was having difficulty getting
things working.  Thanks for clarifying things.

--
C. Benson Manica
ataru(at)sdf.lonestar.org