From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: AW: using variables in log4j xml file
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:50:00 GMT

Hi Patrick,

So, you've verified that the "env." scope works to look up OS properties in
Log4j?  If this works, I guess I stand corrected on my previous statement where
I said that this sort of thing wasn't recognized as anything special by Log4j.
Or is it that the System class loads up all existing OS properties using the
name of the OS property prefixed by "env.", so that it isn't anything special
that Log4j is doing, but just a standard Java feature?

Farzad, can you post a message back here stating whether the syntax
${env.MY_PROPERTY} works to pick up your OS properties?

Jake