From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: using variables in log4j xml file
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:17:02 GMT

Well, System properties are not the same as OS environment properties.  If you
want an OS environment property to exist in the JVM, you will have to set it
via the -D parameter on the command line, such as (on windows)....

java -Dlog.dir=%LOG_DIR% MyClass

Then, in your log4j.xml file...

<param name="File"
 value="${log.dir}/jboss/${jboss.server.name}/server.log"/>

Jake