From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: using variables in log4j xml file
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:40:55 GMT

When you say "environment variables", do you mean System (JVM-wide) properties?
If so, then you just reference them as ${mysyspropname}.  I imagine that JBoss
sets some system properties and that is probably what you are seeing referenced
in the log4j config files you speak of.  The example you provide where the
property name is prefixed with "env" is invalid.  There's no specific "env"
scope, or any scope for that matter, used by Log4j to resolve properties.

Jake