From Robert Bowen <s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Seperate log files for Tomcat / Java errors and application info
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:55:23 GMT
I have been scouring the list and have found a few mentions of how to maintain two seperate
log files but I can't find examples and in any case what I would like to do is something a
little different although I'm sure easy to do.

My app spits out all kinds of info in a certain, precise format. Tomcat startup/shutdown and
Java exceptions are sneaking into my log. I would like tobe able to have all non-app messages
go to one log, and app messages to another.

I am using xml format andmy log4j.xml is dirt simple. Can anyone tell me how to do this, or
point me to a link? The documentation is enormous and they seem to explain just about everything
you can possibly do with log4j ... except what I want to do. :(

Thanks in advance, log4j.xml follows,
Bob

<log4j:configuration debug="true" xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
<appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">
      <appender-ref ref="DAILYFILE"/>
    </appender>

    <appender name="DAILYFILE" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
        <param name="file" value="${log.dir}vcache_sys"/>
        <param name="datePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>
        <param name="threshold" value="INFO"/>
        <param name="append" value="true"/>
        <param name="immediateFlush" value="true"/>

               <param name="conversionPattern" value="%m%n"/>
        </layout>
    </appender>

    <root>
        <priority value="info"/>
        <appender-ref ref="ASYNC"/>
    </root>
</log4j:configuration>

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min
or less.