From David.Hodg...@nab.com.au
Subject Re: Configuring log4j under wsad
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 23:37:18 GMT

Whoever set up the framework of the app I'm working on did so using Commons
Logging pointing at Log4j.  The problem is, I can't configure Log4j
properly unless I set the classloader mode as PARENT_LAST under WAS.  It
looks like WAS's own copy of Commons Logging is not finding our
commons-logging.properties file and is falling back to default behaviour.
Is there a way to fix this without changing the classloader mode?

TIA,

 David Hodgman
 Senior Consultant, Consulting & Project Management
 National Australia Bank

 Level 7, 500 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
 Tel: (03) 8641 4169 (6)  |  Fax: (03) 8641 2856 (6)  |  Mob: 0405 357 754
 Email: David.Hodgman@nab.com.au

National Australia Bank Limited - ACN 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately notify us at postmaster@nab.com.au or by replying to the sender, and then destroy
all copies of this email. Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in
this email are those of the sender and not of National Australia Bank Limited. Advice in this
email does not take account of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important
for you to consider these matters and, if the e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read
the relevant Product Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any
decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward this email with "unsubscribe"
in the subject line to Unsubscribe@nab.com.au in order to stop marketing emails from this
sender. National Australia Bank Limited does not represent that this email is free of errors,
viruses or interference