From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4J blocking on heavy load
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 20:12:49 GMT

On May 19, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Néstor Boscán wrote:

> Hi Curt
>
> I tried to patch the file but didn't work. Can you send the .java
> file?
>
> Regards,
>
> Néstor Boscán

I've committed the new AsyncAppender.java to the log4j 1.2 branch in
the SVN.  If we ever release another 1.2.x branch, then we will need
to make a decision if it has had enough testing to make it into the
release.

You can download just the one file using http://svn.apache.org/repos/
asf/logging/log4j/branches/v1_2-branch/src/java/org/apache/log4j/
AsyncAppender.java.  Or you can check out the whole log4j 1.2 branch
using:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/branches/v1_2-
branch log4j12

If you want to use this implementation of AsyncAppender with already
deployed versions of log4j, please change the package name
accordingly (and it should not be an org.apache package name).