From "Kailash KN" <kailash...@thbs.com>
Subject Change in the RollOverFormat of logs???
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 05:23:14 GMT
Hi,

I want my log files to be rolled over, i'm using a RollingFileAppender for the same purpose.
My question is log4j, by default, rolls over the file with the extension filename.log.1, filename.log.2....

But i want it in the format of filename_01.log, filename_02.log, .... I'm overriding the rollOver()
method in my class, but its still calling RollingFileAppender's method, then i realized ill
have to change it in the subAppend(LoggingEvent event) method, but my question is where do
i invoke this method in my code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,