From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: What is the Chainsaw format for message spanning many lines.
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:02:26 GMT
If your log file isn't loading in a new tab, view the chainsaw-log tab -
there will be entries about the receiver trying to parse your log file.

I'd still use LOGGER instead of CLASS in your logFormat (because the
logger tree is pretty handy).

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Cook, Lori A [mailto:lori.cook@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:43 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: What is the Chainsaw format for message spanning many
lines.

Hmmm... With a couple of changes this works. At least Chainsaw says the
plugin has started. But I don't see a receiver.

The changes I made were
	TIMESTAMP LEVEL*(THREAD*) [*CLASS] MESSAGE

But all I get under 'Receivers' is a dotted drop down bar.

BTW - I'm specifying the receiver via the Chainsaw GUI 'New
Receiver->New LogFilePatternReceiver'.

To look at an existing log file that's all I thought I had to do. What
am I missing?

Lori A. Cook