From "Piero Ottuzzi" <piero.ottu...@omnys.it>
Subject Re: hot change & cluster questions
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:15:18 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

we use log4j in a clustered environment and we create a file per node.
E.G.
Say you have a log4j.log we then create a log4j_NODE1.log, log4j_NODE2.log, log4j_NODE3.log
etc;
in weblogic this is easy as in System.getProperty("weblogic.Name") you get the node name you
are actually running: cope this knowledge with org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator and a
Startup servlet and you can get what you were looking for.
In our case you can also use "log4j variable expansion" and write a line in log4j.properties
like
log4j.appender.rootlogger.File=/log4j_${weblogic.Name}.log

Hope I was clear.
Bye
Piero